iSAQB CPSA Advanced Functional Software Architecture (FUNAR)
This accredited iSAQB training course presents functional software architecture as an alternative to object-oriented (OO) architecture. Compared to OO architecture, functional software architecture relies on immutable data, algebraic abstractions and embedded domain-specific languages. The results are flexible and robust architectures that are less complex and have fewer hidden dependencies compared to OO.
Because of the increased expressiveness and abstraction possibilities in functional languages, architecture is code. The training includes hands-on exercises and an introduction to Haskell.
A preliminary course is included for those who are not familiar with functional programming languages.
The accredited training course is part of the Advanced Level of the iSAQB certification for software architects (CPSA-A) and is based on the corresponding iSAQB “FUNAR” curriculum.
Preliminary Course Content (1 day)
The preliminary course is a compact introduction to functional programming for participants who have no experience in this area or who would like a refresher course. The preliminary course includes hands-on programming exercises. The preliminary course uses the proven didactic methodology of the “DeinProgramm” [Training program for beginner programmers] construction manuals (https://www.deinprogramm.de in German).
Primary Course Content (3 days)
- Structure of functional software systems: functions and values, composition, etc,
- Technologies for functional programming: static types, dynamic types, etc.
- Implementation of functional requirements
- Implementation of non-functional requirements
- Architecture Patterns
- Practical examples
This course is aimed at software developers and architects.
Experience in software development with focus on functional programming is recommended.
This training course is part of the Advanced Level Program of iSAQB. By attending this training course, you will receive 10 credit points in the “Methodology” competency area and 20 credit points in the “Technical” competency area, which can be credited towards obtaining a Certified Professional Software Architect (CPSA) certificate.
Detailed Course Content
This accredited training is based on the current iSAQB syllabus for the iSAQB module FUNAR.
Preliminary Course Content (1 day)
The preliminary course is a compact introduction to functional programming for participants who have no experience in this area or who would like a refresher course. The preliminary course includes hands-on programming exercises. The preliminary course uses the proven didactic methodology of the “DeinProgramm” [Training program for beginner programmers] construction manuals (https://www.deinprogramm.de in German)..
- Data modeling, Design instructions, Self-references and recursion, Programming with consequences, Higher order programming, Built-in data structures, Programming with state, Programming with accumulators, Property-based testing.
Primary Course Content (3 days)
Structure of functional software systems
- Functions and values, Composition, Types, Modules
Technologies for functional programming
- Static types, Dynamic types, Final recursion, Strict or non-strict evaluation, Runtime environment
Implementation of functional requirements
- DDD vs FP, Combiner models, Embedded domain-specific languages
Implementation of non-functional requirements
- CQRS, Event sourcing, Parallelization, Distribution
- Functional data structure, Monoid, Functor, Monad, Model View Update
Benefits of attending an Albion iSAQB training course
- Highly experienced and accredited trainer:
- The accredited trainer is an active member of the iSAQB organization and has several years of experience and extensive knowledge in the field of software architecture management.
- Interactive, practice-based training:
- Participants experience an interactive training course with practice-based exercises and case studies that, according to former participants, reinforce their understanding of what they have learned.
- The theoretical content is supplemented with the trainer's practical experience to ensure course participants not only understand the relevant methods, but also the real-world challenges of their implementation.
- Active participation and discussions are explicitly encouraged.
- Industry-standard certifications:
- Industry-standard certification and recognition of expertise.
- Two free coaching sessions*:
- Participants receive two coaching sessions free of charge (value of 300€) to support them in successfully implementing newly learned methods and approaches in their current business projects.
Benefits of the Albion live online training courses
Albion is known for its interactive training courses with a workshop character. Whether in-person or live online, Albion training courses encourage the active participation of course participants in discussions and group exercises.
By using the latest online collaboration tools, such as online whiteboards, you will experience a classroom-like environment. During the live online training, participants collaborate to perform practice-oriented exercises and case studies that lead to a deeper understanding of the course material.
Benefits of live online training courses
- Lower price
- Lower price for the live online training course compared to the corresponding classroom training.
- No travel or hotel costs
- Efficient use of your time and money.
- Compliance with mandated travel restrictions
- You can conveniently participate from any location without having to travel.
- Face-to-face discussions
- The same opportunities for asking questions and discussing topics as in a classroom training.
- As with classroom training, active participation of the participants is desired.
- Participant collaboration
- Participants can pose questions to other participants and to the trainer 24 hours a day via an online chat during and after the course (e.g., to discuss sample test questions, current project challenges, etc.).
Prerequisites for live online training courses
- Computer with a stable and fast Internet connection that supports continual video transmission
- Suitable webcam
- Headset instead of the laptop microphone to reduce ambient noise and to avoid echos
- A sufficiently large monitor to view the course slides, a whiteboard and other participants
- Only one person per computer, no sharing computers
- Optional: A touchscreen and pen to interact more fluidly, for example, to draw on a virtual whiteboard
- Optional: Administration rights to be able to install software, e.g., Microsoft Team
- The applications are also available via a web browser; however, these have limited functionality
Dr. Michael Sperber is a recognized expert in functional programming. He develops custom software exclusively with functional programming and has been applying it in research and development for more than 25 years.
He is the co-founder of the blog funktionale-programmierung.de and co-organizer of the developer conference BOB.
4 days, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CET
in-person or online
20 technical and 10 methodology credit points for an iSAQB CPSA-Advanced certificate
Value of € 300 included*
for in-person courses
from 1,850 EUR, excl. VAT
10% early bird discount *
Course Dates: iSAQB CPSA-Advanced Functional Architecture (FUNAR)
This courses may be offered in German or English, depending on the preference of participants.
|Course||Start Date||End Date||Location||Price||Register|
|iSAQB Functional Architecture (FUNAR)||15.02.2022||17.02.2022||Live Online||1.675 EUR|
|iSAQB Functional Architecture (FUNAR)||05.10.2022||07.10.2022||Live Online||1.675 EUR|
* All prices are exclusive of VAT.
The early booking discount of 10% applies to the first four registrations which must be received at least six weeks before the course starts.
The certification guarantee and coaching sessions are included in the price.
The certification guarantee, the coaching sessions and the early bird discount apply only to courses offered directly by Albion (not by partner companies).
Inhouse und individuelle Seminare und Workshops
Gerne bieten wir Ihnen Inhouse-Seminare an.