TOGAF 9 Foundation (Level 1)
This TOGAF Level 1 Foundation training course teaches the basic concepts of enterprise architecture and prepares participants for TOGAF certification, including an introduction to TOGAF standards and methods.
Participants learn the EAM and TOGAF fundamental concepts and methods, including the Architecture Development Method (ADM), which is the TOGAF process model for developing enterprise architectures. Participants will learn the relationship to IT management functions and be able to assess in which areas TOGAF can be best applied.
After completing this course you will understand:
- The requirements for passing the TOGAF certification exam
- The basic concepts of TOGAF
- How the TOGAF methods and procedures can be used to perform complex business transformations
- How to adapt TOGAF to specific needs
The curriculum is based on the TOGAF 9 standard and corresponding study guides from the Open Group.
- Introduction to TOGAF
- Core concepts and important terms
- Architecture Description Method (ADM), phases, procedures, result types and specifications
- Architecture Governance
- Views and Stakeholders
- Architectural building blocks
- Enterprise Continuum and reference models
This course is aimed at corporate, business, and IT architects who would like to be TOGAF Foundation certified or who require a basic knowledge of EAM or TOGAF.
Experience in IT management as well as practical experience in the application of business and IT frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL) are recommended.
This training is held in English or German depending on the participants.
Information about the TOGAF certification exam
Participants will receive a TOGAF-9 Foundation certificate upon successful completion of the certification exam as an industry-recognized proof of their qualifications. An examination voucher is provided so that participants can choose the date of the examination after the training course.
In this course you will take the following exam: Level 1: TOGAF 9 Foundation.
Exam: OG0-091 TOGAF 9 Part 1
- Qualification: TOGAF 9 Foundation Certification
- Type: multiple choice
- 40 multiple-choice questions
- Necessary score: 22 of 40 questions must be answered correctly (55%)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Prerequisite: none
- Use of material prohibited
- The test may be repeated after at least one month after taking the first test
Benefits of taking an Albion course
- Experienced and certified trainer:
- The trainer and founder of Albion Academy is TOGAF-certified, an active member of enterprise and software architecture organizations (e.g. iSAQB), and regularly gives lectures at international EAM conferences. In addition, he has several years of experience and accumulated knowledge in the field of Enterprise Architecture Management.
- Interactive, practice-oriented training:
- Participants experience an interactive training course with practice-based exercises and case studies that, according to former participants, reinforce their understanding of what they have learned.
- The theoretical content is supplemented with the trainer's practical experience to ensure course participants not only understand the relevant methods, but also the real-world challenges of their implementation.
- Active participation and discussions are explicitly encouraged.
- Industry-standard certifications:
- Industry-standard certifications and recognition of expertise.
- Two free coaching sessions*:
- Participants receive two coaching sessions free of charge (value of 300€) to support them in successfully implementing newly learned methods and approaches in their current business projects.
Benefits of the Albion live online training courses
Albion is known for its interactive training courses with a workshop character. This also applies to Albion's live online training courses, which encourage the active participation of course participants in discussions and group exercises.
By using the latest online collaboration tools, such as online whiteboards, you will experience a classroom-like participation. During the live online training, participants collaborate to perform practice-oriented exercises and case studies that lead to a deeper understanding of the course material.
Benefits of live online training courses
- Lower price
- Lower price for the live online training course compared to the corresponding classroom training.
- No travel or hotel costs
- Efficient use of your time and money.
- Compliance with mandated travel restrictions
- You can conveniently participate from any location without having to travel.
- Face-to-face discussions
- The same opportunities for asking questions and discussing topics as in a classroom training.
- As with classroom training, the active participation of the participants is desired.
- Participant collaboration
- Participants can pose questions to other participants and to the trainer 24 hours a day via an online chat during and after the course (e.g., to discuss sample test questions, current project challenges, etc.).
Prerequisites for live online training courses
- Computer with a stable and fast Internet connection that supports continual video transmission
- Suitable webcam
- Headset instead of the laptop microphone to reduce ambient noise and to avoid echos
- A sufficiently large monitor to view the course slides, a whiteboard, and other participants
- Only one person per computer, no sharing computers
- Optional: A touchscreen and pen to interact more fluidly, for example, to draw on a virtual whiteboard
- Optional: Administration rights to be able to install software, e.g., Microsoft Team
- The applications are also available via a web browser; however, these have limited functionality
Roger Rhoades is founder of Albion Academy and an accredited iSAQB trainer and certified architect with over 20 years of practical experience in Enterprise and Software Architecture Management. He is an active member of iSAQB and continually evolves the iSAQB curricula, exam questions, and glossary.
Thanks to his highly interactive training style and his communication abilities, attendees gain a deeper understanding of the course material, which directly impacts their ability to pass the certification exams as well as succeed in their profession.
Mr. Rhoades is a native English speaker and fluent in German.
All prices are exclusive of VAT and certification exam costs.
The early booking discount of 10% applies to the first four registrations at least six weeks before the course starts.
The certification guarantee and coaching sessions are included in the price.
The certification guarantee, the coaching sessions, and the early bird discount apply only to courses offered directly by Albion (no partner companies).
In-house & Custom Training Courses and Workshops
We are happy to provide offers for in-house and customer-specific training courses.