iSAQB® Certified Professional for Software Architecture (CPSA) Foundation
96% iSAQB Foundation Exam Success Rate
The accredited iSAQB® Certified Professional for Software Architecture Foundation (CPSA Foundation) course is an internationally recognized and standardized training for software architecture that prepares you for the iSAQB CPSA Foundation certification exam. After attending the iSAQB accredited course conducted by Albion trainers, 96% of course participants have passed the iSAQB Foundation Software Architecture certification exam.
The CPSA Foundation training course provides the knowledge and skills to design a suitable software architecture based on customer requirements and constraints. The acquired knowledge enables you to design, communicate, evaluate, maintain and enhance a software architecture. Participants broaden and deepen existing skills in software development with relevant approaches, methods and principles for software architecture development.
Albion Academy conducts this training exclusively as a four-day course to ensure a workshop-like environment with several group exercises and an end-to-end, practice-based case-study. Thanks to this approach, attendees gain a deeper understanding of the course material, which directly impacts their ability to pass the iSAQB CPSA certification exam and help them succeed in their day-to-day work.
Course content overview
After completing this course, participants will have attained the following knowledge:
- Definitions, benefits and goals of software architecture
- The tasks and responsibilities of software architects
- Stakeholder concerns and interaction
- Functional and quality requirements as well as other factors influencing software architecture design
- Tactics and heuristics for architectural development, e.g., architectural and design patterns, design principles, cross-cutting concerns
- Documentation of software architectures on the basis of views
- Evaluation of software architectures
Upon successful completion of the certification exam, participants receive the iSAQB® Foundation Level certification.
Software developers, software architects and other IT professionals who seek to successfully pass the iSAQB CPSA-Foundation certification exam.
- 3+ years of experience in IT development and practical programming experience is beneficial
- A basic knowledge of UML is advantageous.
Detailed course content
This accredited CPSA Foundation training course is based on the current ISAQB® curriculum and the corresponding certification examination. In the seminar, the following topics are presented in detail:
- Software architecture terms and concepts
- Software architecture definitions
- Software architecture objectives and benefits
- Software architect roles and responsibilities
- Stakeholders and constraints
- Business, project, and architecture goals
- Stakeholder concerns
- Conway’s law
- Clarification of requirements
- Functional and quality requirements
- Quality requirement trade-offs
- Quality tree and scenarios
- Documentation and communication
- Assumptions and risks
- Documentation objectives and quality
- Blackbox / whitebox
- Architecture views
- Document templates, notations, and frameworks
- Architecture guidelines
- Architecture approach
- Architecture principles, e.g. S.O.L.I.D.
- Solution strategy and design
- Architecture patterns
- Architecture structure and decomposition
- Tactics to achieve quality requirements
- Interfaces & postel’s law
- Cross-cutting concerns
- Architecture decisions
- Architecture assessment
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment
- Architecture reviews
- Static and dynamic code analysis
Information about the iSAQB CPSA Foundation certificate
Upon successful completion of the certification exam, participants receive the iSAQB® Foundation Level certification. Over 96% of course participants passed the certification exam after attending an accredited training course conducted by Albion Academy trainers.
Information about the certification exam
An examination voucher is provided to the participants so that can choose the examination date after the training.
- Multiple-choice test
- A total of 64 points
- Questions are rated from 1 to 3 points depending on the level of difficulty
- Minimum percentage to pass the exam: 60%
- Time allowed: 75 minutes. 95 minutes for candidates with English as a foreign language
- The use of material during the test is prohibited
- The test may be repeated twice
- The exam is based on the iSAQB CPSA curriculum
- In the syllabus, all learning objectives are marked with exam relevance:
- R1: relevant for the exam. R2: may be relevant for the exam. R3: Not relevant for the exam.
- In the syllabus, all learning objectives are marked with exam relevance:
- The exam contains the following three types of questions:
- Multiple choice
- Assignment (e.g. assign true or false to every answer)
Benefits of taking the CPSA-Foundation training at Albion
- Industry standard certification
- iSAQB certification and recognition of expertise
- Impressive certification success rate
- 96% of course participants passed the certification exam after attending an accredited training course conducted by Albion Academy trainers.
- Certification Guarantee
- If, after completing the Albion Academy training course, the participant does not pass the certification exam, he/she is entitled to repeat the course free of charge.
- Highly experienced and accredited iSAQB trainer
- The trainer, Albion Academy founder Roger Rhoades, is an active member of the International Software Architecture Qualification Board (iSAQB). Together with his colleagues, he defines and evolves the iSAQB foundation and advanced curricula, exam questions, case studies, and glossary. In addition, he has several years of experience and extensive knowledge in the field of software architecture.
- Interactive, practice-oriented training
- Participants experience an interactive four-day training course with practice-based exercises and case studies that, according to former participants, reinforce the methods they have learned.
- The theoretical content is supplemented by the trainer’s practical experience to ensure course participants not only understand the relevant methods, but also the real-world challenges of their implementation.
- Active participation and discussions are explicitly encouraged.
- Two free coaching sessions
- Course participants receive two free coaching sessions (value of 300€) to support their ability to successfully implement newly learned methods and approaches in their current business projects.
Benefits of the Albion live online training courses
Albion is known for its interactive training courses with a workshop character. This also applies to Albion's live online training courses, which encourage the active participation of course participants in discussions and group exercises.
By using the latest online collaboration tools, such as online whiteboards, you will experience a classroom-like participation. During the live online training, participants collaborate to perform practice-oriented exercises and case studies that lead to a deeper understanding of the course material.
Benefits of live online training courses
- Lower price
- Lower price for the live online training course compared to the corresponding classroom training.
- No travel or hotel costs
- Efficient use of your time and money.
- Compliance with mandated travel restrictions
- You can conveniently participate from any location without having to travel.
- Face-to-face discussions
- The same opportunities for asking questions and discussing topics as in a classroom training.
- As with classroom training, the active participation of the participants is desired.
- Participant collaboration
- Participants can pose questions to other participants and to the trainer 24 hours a day via an online chat during and after the course (e.g., to discuss sample test questions, current project challenges, etc.).
Prerequisites for live online training courses
- Computer with a stable and fast Internet connection that supports continual video transmission
- Suitable webcam
- Headset instead of the laptop microphone to reduce ambient noise and to avoid echos
- A sufficiently large monitor to view the course slides, a whiteboard, and other participants
- Only one person per computer, no sharing computers
- Optional: A touchscreen and pen to interact more fluidly, for example, to draw on a virtual whiteboard
- Optional: Administration rights to be able to install software, e.g., Microsoft Team
- The applications are also available via a web browser; however, these have limited functionality
Roger Rhoades is the founder of Albion Academy. He is a certified architect with more than
20 years of practical experience in Enterprise and Software Architecture Management. He is an accredited iSAQB trainer and an active member of iSAQB, working to continually evolve the iSAQB curricula, exam questions and glossary.
Thanks to his highly interactive training style and his communication abilities, attendees gain a deeper understanding of the course material, which directly impacts their ability to pass the certification exams as well as succeed in their profession.
Mr. Rhoades is a native English speaker and fluent in German.
In-person or online
iSAQB CPSA Foundation Certificate after successfully completing the certification exam
Value of € 300 included*
for in-person classes
from 1.850 EUR, plus 250 EUR Exam fees and VAT.
15% Early bird discount*
Course Dates: iSAQB CPSA Foundation
* All prices are exclusive of VAT.
The early booking discount of 10% applies to the first four registrations which must be received at least six weeks before the course starts.
The certification guarantee and coaching sessions are included in the price.
The certification guarantee, the coaching sessions and the early bird discount apply only to courses offered directly by Albion (not by partner companies).
In-house & Custom Training Courses and Workshops
We are happy to provide offers for in-house and customer-specific training courses.