iSAQB® Certified Professional for Software Architecture (CPSA) Foundation
Live online training
The accredited iSAQB® Certified Professional for Software Architecture Foundation (CPSA-Foundation) training course is an internationally recognized, standardized training for software architecture. The live online CPSA Foundation training course, presented by Albion Academy, provides the knowledge and skills to design, communicate, evaluate, maintain, and enhance software architectures based on customer requirements and constraints.
Albion Academy is known for its highly interactive training style where participants experience a workshop-like environment. This is also true for Albion’s live online training. Unlike typical webinars, course attendees actively participate in group discussions as well as work in small groups to design an architecture during the training.
Using the latest online collaboration tools such as an online whiteboard, attendees experience an exceptional level of participation as well as practice-oriented exercises. This enables them to gain a deeper understanding of the course material, which directly impacts their ability to pass the iSAQB CPSA certification exam. In fact, 96% of participants of Albion Academy’s iSAQB CPSA Foundation course passed the certification exam.
This accredited iSAQB CPSA Foundation live online training course is based on the current iSAQB® syllabus and the corresponding certification examination. The iSAQB CPSA Foundation training course provides the knowledge to prepare you for the iSAQB certification for software architecture.
Participants will expand their existing experience and skills in software development in the areas of design principles, patterns, and tactics to fulfill specific quality requirements. An additional focus on non-technical aspects of software architecture reflects the real-world challenges, e.g., communication with stakeholders, clarification of architecturally relevant requirements, etc.
The seminar has a workshop character with time to exchange ideas between participants as well as implement a software architecture design based on a real case study.
After completing this live online training course, participants will have attained the following knowledge:
- Definitions, benefits and goals of software architecture
- The tasks and responsibilities of software architects
- Stakeholder concerns and interaction
- Functional and quality requirements, and other factors influencing software architecture design
- Tactics and heuristics for architectural development, e.g., architectural and design patterns, design principles, cross-cutting concerns
- Documentation of software architectures on the basis of views
- Evaluation of software architectures
Benefits of taking the course with Albion Academy
- Albion Academy has an impressive success rate: 96% of course participants passed the certification exam after attending an accredited training course presented by Albion Academy.
- Certification Guarantee: If, after completing the Albion Academy training course, the participant does not pass the certification exam, he/she is entitled to repeat the course free of charge.
- The trainer is a highly experienced software architect: The trainer, Albion Academy founder Roger Rhoades, is an active member of the International Software Architecture Qualification Board (iSAQB). Together with his colleagues, he defines and evolves the iSAQB foundation and advanced curricula, exam questions, case studies, and glossary.
- Training is based on real-world experience: The theoretical content is supplemented by the trainer’s practical experience to ensure course participants not only understand the relevant methods, but also the real-world challenges of their implementation.
- Interactive, practice-based training: In contrast to other three-day CPSA Foundation training courses, Albion Academy participants experience an interactive four-day training course with practice-based exercises and case studies that reinforce the methods they have learned. This workshop-like environment provides an exceptional learning foundation that is reflected in the 96% success rate of Albion Academy course participants who passed the iSAQB certification exam.
- Registration includes 2 free coaching sessions: Course participants receive two coaching sessions free of charge (value of 300€) to support their ability to successfully implement newly learned methods and approaches in their current business projects. The two coaching sessions must be completed within three months after the training course.
Benefits of live online training courses
- Lower price for the live online training course compared to the corresponding classroom training.
- No travel or hotel costs. No time lost due to travel.
- Compliance with mandated travel restrictions. No need to leave your home, office, or even your city or country.
- The same opportunities for asking questions and discussing topics as in a face-to-face training.
- Collaborate directly with other course participants. Course participants can pose questions to other participants and to the trainer 24 hours a day via an online chat during and after the course (e.g., to discuss sample test questions, current project challenges, etc.).
This course is aimed at software developers and architects as well as other IT specialists.
Prerequisites for the iSAQB CPSA Foundation Course
- Basic knowledge of UML and practical programming experience are an advantage for effective participation in this course
Prerequisites for live online training courses
- Computer with a stable and fast Internet connection that supports continual video transmission
- Adequate webcam
- Headset instead of the laptop microphone to reduce ambient noise and to avoid echos
- A large enough monitor to view the course slides, a whiteboard, and other participants
- Only one person per computer, no sharing computers
- Optional: A touchscreen and pen to interact more fluidly, for example, to draw on a virtual whiteboard
- Optional: Administration rights to be able to install software, e.g., Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect
- The applications are also available via a web browser, however, these have limited functionality
The following books have proven helpful for preparation of the certification exam.
- Software Architecture Fundamentals (English)
- Effektive Softwarearchitekturen: Ein praktischer Leitfaden (German)
Upon successful completion of the certification exam at the end of the course, participants receive the iSAQB® Foundation Level certification.
This seminar is part of the iSAQB® advanced level program. By attending this training, you will receive 30 methodological competence credit points that can be used to earn an iSAQB® Certified Professional Software Architect (CPSA) certificate.
Certification Guarantee: If, after completing the Albion Academy training course, the participant does not pass the certification exam, he/she is entitled to repeat the course free of charge.
All course participants receive a certificate of successful completion of the course as proof of the qualifications achieved.
Two coaching units are included in the price for Albion courses (worth € 300). * Additional coaching sessions can be booked for the standard hourly rate.
Lunch and drinks, or the equivalent vouchers, will be provided for on-location classes.
Reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs.
|iSAQB CPSA Foundation - Live Online||27.07.2020||4||Live Online||1.595 EUR||sold out|
|17.11.2020||4||Live Online||1.595 EUR|
* All prices are exclusive of VAT.
The early booking discount of 10% applies to the first four registrations at least six weeks before the course starts.
The certification guarantee and coaching sessions are included in the price.
The certification guarantee, the coaching sessions, and the early bird discount apply only to courses offered directly by Albion (no partner companies).
In-house & Custom Training Courses and Workshops
We are happy to provide offers for in-house and customer-specific training courses.