iSAQB® CPSA Advanced Flexible Architecture Models / Microservices (FLEX)
How can high-quality systems be created quickly even though the functionality requires a large development team?
This training introduces the following effective solutions to this question:
- Subdivision of domains according to the functionality.
- Dividing domains into self-contained systems and microservices.
- Supporting each self-contained system with separate teams.
- Delivery of each Self-Contained System separately and independently from the other systems.
- Automation of the delivery processes.
These strategies allow teams to work independently and deliver frequently, resulting in a fast, high-quality implementation of new requirements. However, these strategies also present a number of challenges:
- How do you find the right boundaries for partitioning the domain functionality?
- How do you reconcile the new architecture with the existing organization?
- How do you manage communication between systems and services?
- What are the pitfalls of the implementation?
- How do you integrate it all?
- How do you automate the delivery?
- How do you ensure the same conditions for development and production systems.
- How do you split a monolith into self-contained systems?
- How do you monitor the operation of such a system?
- How do you find errors in such a system?
We don’t simply present knowledge on a whiteboard, but develop concrete skills. Using an end-to-end example, we split a monolith into self-contained systems, reimplement the different components in group exercises, re-integrate them, configure the deployment, and implement monitoring and logging.
The accredited training course is part of the Advanced Level of the iSAQB certification for software architects (CPSA-A) and is based on the corresponding iSAQB Flexible Architecture Models / Microservices (FLEX) curriculum. By attending this training course, you will receive 10 credit points in the “Methodology” competency area and 20 credit points in the “Technical” competency area, which can be credited towards obtaining a Certified Professional Software Architect (CPSA) certificate.
Preliminary Course (1 day)
Practical exercises are programmed with Erlang, the most powerful infrastructure for reliable distributed systems. Of course, the acquired skills and knowledge are also applicable to other technology stacks.
A compact introduction to Erlang is included in the price for training participants who have no experience with Erlang or want a short refresher course.
Course content: Flexible Architecture Models / Microservices (3 days)
- Motivation for flexible architectures, e.g. achieving quality goals and their trade-off
- Architecture patterns, including monolith, microservices, and self-contained systems
- System and team autonomy, e.g. 12-Factor App
- Approaches for the modularization & partitioning of systems, e.g. domain-driven design
- Integration mechanisms at the application, data, or user-interface levels
- Managing cross-cutting concerns, e.g. security, logging
- Automated and continuous integration and delivery
- Administration, monitoring, and error analysis of distributed systems
This course is aimed at software developers and architects
Experience in software development and a basic understanding of software architecture, for example, as conveyed in the ISAQB CPSA Foundation seminar.
Benefits of attending an Albion iSAQB training course
- Highly experienced and accredited trainer:
- The accredited trainer is an active member of the iSAQB organization and has several years of experience and extensive knowledge in the field of software architecture management.
- Interactive, practice-based training:
- Participants experience an interactive training course with practice-based exercises and case studies that, according to former participants, reinforce their understanding of what they have learned.
- The theoretical content is supplemented with the trainer's practical experience to ensure course participants not only understand the relevant methods, but also the real-world challenges of their implementation.
- Active participation and discussions are explicitly encouraged.
- Industry-standard certifications:
- Industry-standard certification and recognition of expertise.
- Two free coaching sessions*:
- Participants receive two coaching sessions free of charge (value of 300€) to support them in successfully implementing newly learned methods and approaches in their current business projects.
Benefits of the Albion live online training courses
Albion is known for its interactive training courses with a workshop character. This also applies to Albion's live online training courses, which encourage the active participation of course participants in discussions and group exercises.
By using the latest online collaboration tools, such as online whiteboards, you will experience a classroom-like participation. During the live online training, participants collaborate to perform practice-oriented exercises and case studies that lead to a deeper understanding of the course material.
Benefits of live online training courses
- Lower price
- Lower price for the live online training course compared to the corresponding classroom training.
- No travel or hotel costs
- Efficient use of your time and money.
- Compliance with mandated travel restrictions
- You can conveniently participate from any location without having to travel.
- Face-to-face discussions
- The same opportunities for asking questions and discussing topics as in a classroom training.
- As with classroom training, the active participation of the participants is desired.
- Participant collaboration
- Participants can pose questions to other participants and to the trainer 24 hours a day via an online chat during and after the course (e.g., to discuss sample test questions, current project challenges, etc.).
Prerequisites for live online training courses
- Computer with a stable and fast Internet connection that supports continual video transmission
- Suitable webcam
- Headset instead of the laptop microphone to reduce ambient noise and to avoid echos
- A sufficiently large monitor to view the course slides, a whiteboard, and other participants
- Only one person per computer, no sharing computers
- Optional: A touchscreen and pen to interact more fluidly, for example, to draw on a virtual whiteboard
- Optional: Administration rights to be able to install software, e.g., Microsoft Team
- The applications are also available via a web browser; however, these have limited functionality
Dr. Michael Sperber is a recognized expert in functional programming. He develops custom software exclusively with functional programming and has been applying it in research and development for more than 25 years.
He is the co-founder of the blog funktionale-programmierung.de and co-organizer of the developer conference BOB.
classroom or online
20 technical and 10 methodology credit points for an iSAQB CPSA-Advanced certificate
Value of € 300 included*
for classroom courses
from 1,850 EUR, excl. VAT
10% early bird discount *
Course Dates: iSAQB CPSA-Advanced Flexible Architecture Models / Microservices (FLEX)
This courses may be offered in German or English, depending on the preferences of the participants.
|Course||Start Date||End Date||Location||Preis||Register|
|iSAQB Microservices (FLEX)||05.07.2021||08.07.2021||Live Online||1.675 EUR|
|iSAQB Microservices (FLEX)||22.11.2021||25.11.2021||Munich||2.025 EUR|
* All prices are exclusive of VAT.
The early booking discount of 10% applies to the first four registrations which must be received at least six weeks before the course starts.
The certification guarantee and coaching sessions are included in the price.
The certification guarantee, the coaching sessions and the early bird discount apply only to courses offered directly by Albion (not by partner companies).
Inhouse und individuelle Seminare und Workshops
Gerne bieten wir Ihnen Inhouse-Seminare an.